Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We Could Use Some Spontaneity

Saturday I was blog-browsing. I happened upon some random person who recently went to Hawaii. As I was creepily looking through their blog, I decided to price out a trip to Hawaii. The plan was to save up some money and surprise Troy in a few months. Minutes later I'm on kayak.com looking up flights.

Imagine my surprise when I realized the cheapest tickets I've ever seen to Hawaii (and believe me, I've looked quite a few times) were for flights in 3 weeks. Not a lot of time to save up but hey, that's what a tax return is for right?



The adventure begins in 24 days!!

4 comments:

Jeannine said...

Seriously?! Dang.... okay I'm seriously jealous right now. That's amazing! Have you come up with plans for when you get there?

Seriously, though, if I weren't going to be birthing a baby in a month, I would be so tempted to look up pricing for Hawaii, now...

Alex said...

We have a couple plans but it was so sudden that we're still figuring things out. Exciting! More exciting is your baby. Keep her inside until we get back? Or you could have her early...that probably sounds like a better plan to you.

Kate said...

That is soooo fun! Dana and I went pre-kids for our first anniversary and I remember the flight was $250 each. What was yours? I'd love to go back but I feel guilty going wo kids and too poor to take everyone. Have so much fun!!!

Alex said...

It was about $150 for each flight so $300 per person. We paid $650 total. We're staying with Troy's uncle while we're there so that also cuts down expense quite a bit.