Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Love me some dogs

Considering I seem to have plenty of excessive free time lately, I decided to start volunteering at the Humane Society of Utah. I've done the orientations and such but yesterday was my first official day volunteering. Can I just say, most fun volunteering experience ever.

They wanted us to start of walking the small dogs just to get a feel for it. I ended up walking 4 of them. One of which was this little joy, Frankie.


Frankie is a character. We were racing to the park bench and I was winning. He decided to be a sore loser and stopped dead in his tracks. Then right after stopping, he took the opportunity to empty his bowels. So I looked like an idiot running around then to add insult to injury, I then had to pick up his crap. Thanks Frankie. You should have seen the smile he had on his face though. He was quite proud of himself. 

After playing with the small dogs, I looked around at the big dogs. They had all been walked already but I asked about it just in case. They said that since they have all been walked, they can get a second round. One dog stood out to me so I took him out. 

Meet Bucky. 


Cute face right? He took some time running around, playing with other dogs, barking, exploring, and then we played some ball. After a few minutes he jumped up on the bench with me and just sat there. Who knew the energy crazed pup was actually a lap dog too. Love it. 

The other dogs I played with were Mojo, Landi, and Bruiser. You can see them here. I'm excited to keep going back and getting to know the other beautiful dogs there. 

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.  ~Robert Benchley

No comments: